/ Double Cleansing ๐Ÿ’™
Jade @CeraVe
Skin Expert
08/09/23-17:06 (edited)

Double Cleansing ๐Ÿ’™

Hey CeraVe Community!

I canโ€™t believe itโ€™s been a month since the skin 101 event we had, I really hope that you all enjoyed and have been implementing the cleansing tips learnt in your routines.

Firstly I wanted to find out if your cleansing your skin twice a day? Once in the morning and once in the evening. This is most certainly the basic start of your every day skincare routine, when it comes to skincare.

I wanted to touch base on the importance of double cleansing. During the day our skin is exposed to environmental factors such as sunlight, artificial lights, dirt , aggressors etc. This can simply be from a a busy commute on a train , to a highly polluted city or spending a day in the garden, gardening. Cleansing the skin first will remove these dust, dirt factors , make - up and SPF (which we all should be wearing daily) The importance of double cleansing is to firstly remove all impurities, and then to cleanse our skin throughly ready to then follow with an effective skincare routine.

However the only time I would say itโ€™s ok to skip the double cleanse is if your skin is feeling super sensitive , or you havenโ€™t been outside and havenโ€™t applied much to the skin.

After cleansing with a cleanser for your skin type to remove everything on your skin. I would then double cleanse with a cleanse for your skin type & concern to throughly. If you are wearing heavy make up and opt for an micellar water to remove, I still recommend double cleansing to remove excess make up and cleansing your skin throughly. This also prevents blemishes , if you know, you know as we all are partial to these breakouts.

Last month I personally went through a break out stage , my skin is dry so I first applied the hydrating foaming oil cleanser which is perfect for my normal to very dry skin. Following with the blemish control, as a double cleanse has been a great balance for targeting the blemishes and clearing up my skin. I found the hydrating foaming oil cleanser to be a great base , prior to my double cleanser.

What are you favourite double cleanse duos? These are both mine! ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š

If you need help, with suitable double cleansing options, please leave questions in โ€˜ASK A SKIN EXPERT SECTIONโ€™ Myself, The lovely Elizabeth &v Emily will reply with most suitable options. Please can you also include your skin type and your main skin concerns! We look forward to helping you with your double cleansing journey ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š

Double Cleansing ๐Ÿ’™
Hydrating Foaming Oil Cleanser
Blemish Control Cleanser
Tag
Routine Advice