/ Dry, blemish-prone skin?
Emily @ CeraVe
Skin Expert
04/30/24-15:58 (edited)

Dry, blemish-prone skin?

This post is for you! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š

Many products targetting blemish-prone skin are better suited for oilier skin types, so what should we use if our skin type is dry?

Always choose a cleanser based on your skin type. For dry skin, I recommend any of the green cleansers (labelled โ€œHydratingโ€). So you have a choice of:

• Hydrating (non foaming) which is better for really dry skin.
  • Hydrating Cream to Foam
  • Hydrating Foaming Oil

What about the rest of the routine?
For the morning, there is no better choice than the AM Facial Moisturising Lotion SPF50. This is a non-comedogenic formula (less likely to clog your pores) and it has a lightweight texture, providing hydration without being heavy or greasy on the skin.

For evening, double cleansing is essential, either using the Micellar Water (to remove makeup) before using your cleanser of choice OR use your cleanser twice to ensure previous skincare product and any dirt, oils are removed from the skin.
Follow up wtith the Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum to make sure you are providing hydration in the routine again. Hyaluronic Acid is a great ingredient to have in the routine, whether you are dry, oily or blemish prone as it prevents moisture loss and helps to protect your skin barrier.
Wait a few minutes before layering the Blemish Control Gel over the top, this will target the blemishes, blackheads or any congestion in the skin, providing a gentle exfoliation to unclog pores and reduce inflammation.

If you are eczema prone, please only use the Blemish Control Gel as a spot treatment, not all over the face as this can only irritate eczema further. If you are unsure, you can always reach out to me, Jade or Elizabeth to advise what is best.

Hope you're all having a great week! I'll be at CeraVe High tomorrow at the Liverpool University which I'm really looking forward to. If you're local to Liverpool or want to visit for the day, I highly recommend coming along, we have samples/prizes to win (whilst stocks last!) Hope to see some of you there!

Emily๐Ÿ’™

Tag
Routine Advice