/ How much should I be using?
Emily @ CeraVe
Skin Expert
01/31/24-16:53

How much should I be using?

Hi everyone, hope you're all well.

This week I have created a product application guide. This will of course differ from person to person so this is just an average guide! AND it also depends on if you are applying the product down to your neck and chest (which really, we should be doing!)

Why is it bad to over-apply our products?

• Not all the product can absorb into the skin, this results in the products feeling "heavy" and "mask-like" .
  • Pilling. This happens when different textures of products are layered together, forming white dots all over the face and the products clump together. This is often due to 2 reasons, 1) you applied too much product 2) not enough time waited between each step. To avoid pilling, wait 5 to 10 minutes between serum-moisturiser-spf.
  • Not cost effective. You actually need much less of a serum than you think, (see guide) 1 pump of Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid or Resurfacing Retinol should be more than enough. Apply to the back of your hand before applying to the face to avoid over using. Too much retinol can also cause irritation and damage your skin barrier.

Products used and how much:
Foaming Cleanser
Half a pump

Serums
1 pump

Moisturiser - Facial Moisturising Lotion SPF50
length of two fingers / half a teaspoon on face and neck!

Eye Repair Cream
pea sized amount

PM Facial Moisturising Lotion
2-3 pumps

Hope you all found this interesting and helpful, let me know in the comments if you have any questions ๐Ÿ’™

How much should I be using?
Tag
Routine Advice