/ Moisturising Lotion VS Moisturising Cream ๐Ÿ’™
Emily @ CeraVe
Skin Expert
07/11/23-16:02 (edited)

Moisturising Lotion VS Moisturising Cream ๐Ÿ’™

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a good week! ๐Ÿ’™

As we're coming into the colder months, what perfect time to talk about the importance of using a moisturiser. Of course, we all know to use a moisturiser for the face but what about the body...

Your skin wants a layer of moisture, and if it doesn't have it, the skin barrier and the correct pH levels of your skin can become disrupted. This typically happens when we come into autumn/winter because the weather affects our skin and becomes irritated due to the temperature changes. The protective layer disruption means you can experience dryness and redness in your skin, resulting in a compromised skin barrier.

I personally love using the Moisturising Lotion because my skin isn't particularly dry. I use the Lotion on damp skin and this ensures the ingredients work to their maximum potential and draw all the moisture into the skin.

However, I know those with eczema prone skin or dry, flaky skin will absolutely LOVE the Moisturising Cream to ensure the hydration lasts longer on the skin and it also means you won't need to reapply throughout the day.

You can use both products on the face, however please do bear in mind that both of these formulas are richer than the Facial Moisturising Lotions. So I wouldn't recommend to use them on your face if you have combination/oily/blemish prone skin.

Please do let me know in the comments which one is your favourite or if you are yet to try either of them, which one do you like the sound of?! ๐Ÿ’™

Click on an answer to vote
Which one do you use?
96 votes
Lotion ๐Ÿ’™
Cream ๐Ÿ’™
Moisturising Lotion
moisturizing-cream
Tag
Skin Science