/ Resurfacing Retinol Serum
Emily @ CeraVe
Skin Expert
10/04/23-17:14 (edited)

Resurfacing Retinol Serum

Hi everyone, happy Wednesday!
Hope you’re all well, today I wanted to share an update in my skincare routine. As someone who has blemish prone skin, I also experience post-blemish marks (even if I don’t pick my spots) so I have been recently using the Resurfacing Retinol in my routine.

What does Retinol do for the skin?
💙Helps with blemishes, blackheads and clogged pores!
Retinol helps to exfoliate and keep pores clear by reducing the build up of skin cells.
💙Skin cell renewal!
Retinol helps to speed up the skin cell renewal and promote a brighter, smoother skin. It also stimulates collagen production.
💙Improves skin tone!
Due to the faster skin cell turnover, this helps to improve skin tone. This is why it is great for post blemish marks.

It is really important when you start incorporating a Retinol into you routine, to do so slowly. I started by using once a week for two weeks and now I am doing twice a week for two weeks.
Gradually building up the usage means I won’t experience any dryness, irritation or damage my skin barrier.

Top tips!

• If you are planning to use Retinol, keep the rest of your routine simple. Stop using active ingredients (such as salicylic acid, glycolic acid) for 2-3 nights before using a Retinol in your routine. This will avoid irritation.
  • Apply in your evening routine. Cleanse your skin first and then wait for your skin to dry. Apply to dry skin then allow the serum to sit on your skin for at least 20 minutes before applying a hydrating moisturiser, I recommend the PM Facial Moisturising Lotion.
  • A little goes a long way, you actually don't need as much as you think you do. I do one pump on the back of my hand and this is more than enough product. Take a small amount and really work it into each area of the face.
  • Use SPF daily in your morning routine. Retinol makes your skin more sensitive to sunlight so it is really important you apply SPF every day, indoors, outdoors, rain or shine! I highly suggest the AM Facial Moisturising Lotion SPF50.
  • If you have dry skin, you may want to use Retinol once a week for a few weeks, you need to allow time for your skin to adapt to the active, listen to your skin, you know your skin best after all and how much it can tolerate.

The Resurfacing Retinol also contains Niacinamide which helps to calm the skin and CeraVe’s 3 Essential Ceramides to protect the skin barrier. Tap to see picture 2 which shows the serum texture!

As always, if you have any questions about Retinol, DM me or head over to the Ask A Brand Expert section. We are always happy to answer your questions!💙

Emily

Click on an answer to vote
Are you using the Resurfacing Retinol Serum?
31 votes
Yes - I am loving the results
No - I but I want to start using it in my routine
Resurfacing Retinol Serum - 2
Tag
Skin Science