/ Skincare Routines - Where to start
Emily @ CeraVe
Skin Expert
19/12/23-15:46 (edited)

Skincare Routines - Where to start

Hi everyone, today I thought I would share the importance of a skincare routine and what products you should include for 2024!

Do I need to Double Cleanse?
If you wear makeup or use SPF daily, a Micellar Cleansing Water is essential to remove the bulk of the products from the day before you use your cleanser of choice.

Why do we need a Cleanser?
A cleanser removes dirt, excess oils, bacteria and pollutants.
Washing your skin twice a day isnโ€™t always necessary, especially if you have dry or very sensitive skin, so just in the evening is fine. If you are prone to breakouts or oily skin, you will need to cleanse twice a day.

Why is a serum necessary?
If you have a particular skin concern, serums are great to use in the routine as a moisturiser often canโ€™t target the concern on its own.
The Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum gives your skin an extra boost of moisture and adds radiance to the skin.
The Resurfacing Retinol Serum is a brilliant for targetting post blemish marks and pigmentation, this one should only be used in the evening routine.

Do I need a separate eye cream or can I use the face serums/lotions?
I actually receive this question a lot. We always suggest using a eye cream such as the Eye Repair, which has been specifically formulated for the eye area. You don't have to use it morning and evening if your under eyes aren't particularly dry/irritated, just once a day is still beneficial!

What moisturiser is best for me?
Moisturiser is essential for locking in the serum and to keep the skin well nourished. The AM Facial Mosturising Lotion contains SPF 30 / 50, providing sun protection (which should be used daily, ALL year round!) and the PM Facial Moisturising Lotion for the evening. We also have the Blemish Control Gel which targets oilier, blemish prone skin.

Top tip! You don't want to start too many things at one time as this can damage the skin and make it difficult to tell what is working and what is not.

Finding a good skin care routine has many benefits:

• It can slow down the signs of aging
  • Once it is established, it is easier to maintain and not as overwhelming!
  • It boosts confidence โ€“ when you look good, you feel good
  • It keeps the skin healthy, which in turn keeps you healthier
  • Results can be dramatic if you stick with it
  • For me personally, it is my form of self care, I enjoy spending time in the day to focus on my skin, it makes me feel good and put together in the mornings and it helps me unwind in the evenings.

If you are looking for any last minute gift ideas - I know some of our authorised retailers (Boots, Superdrug and Beauty Bay) are doing some gift sets! OR what a good time to treat yourself to those products you've been eyeing up! ๐Ÿ˜

This is my last post before Christmas so I hope you all have an amazing time, eat lots of delicious food and enjoy a well deserved break and if you don't celebrate I hope you have a lovely time with your family and friends! ๐Ÿ’™

Click on an answer to vote
Are you treating any family members/friends to CeraVe products for Xmas?
72 votes
Yes, CeraVe products are the perfect gift! ๐Ÿ’™
No, Iโ€™m treating myself instead ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ’™
Tag
Skin Science