/ Winter Skin Tips ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š
Jade @CeraVe
Skin Expert
01/08/24-19:27

Winter Skin Tips ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š

Hey Me + CeraVe
I hope you are keeping warm - During this winter season. The cold weather and indoor heating can both contribute to seasonal skin dryness.

Here are some winter skincare tips, I practise and wanted to share with you all to help your winter skin โ„๏ธ

Moisturise regularly: Use a rich, emollient moisturiser; this will help to keep your skin hydrated. Look for moisturisers that contain ingredients like hyaluronic acid, glycerin, and ceramides, which help to lock in moisture and repair the skin barrier. I am a fan on the moisturising cream on my face and body in the winter season

Protect your skin from the external elements: Wear protective clothing, such as scarves , hats and gloves, this will help to shield your skin from cold winds and low temperatures. Also, don't forget to apply a daily SPF - for me, it is SPF 50 every day to protect your skin from harmful UV rays, even on cloudy, windy and snowy days

TRY TO ย Avoid Hot showers: I know this is super hard in terms of wanting a nice hot bath in winter time, I love baths - I would choose a bath over showers every day in winter - the downside is hot water can strip the skin of its natural oils and lead to dryness. Choose lukewarm water and limit your shower time to prevent excessive drying of the skin. My advice is your skin is super dry, and your a bath lover, limit it to once or twice a week.

Exfoliate gently: Regular exfoliation helps to remove dead skin cells and promote cell turnover I also recommend choosing a gentle exfoliate in your serum and avoid over-exfoliating, as it can further irritate and dry out the skin. If your skin is sensitive, remember you are also removing dead skin cells in your routine, when gently cleansing

Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water is essential for maintaining healthy skin. Even though you may not feel as thirsty during winter, it's important to stay hydrated from within. I always keep a bottle of water with me and this helps to keep on top of hydration levels.

I hope you enjoy the Winter skincare Tips - Do you have any current winter skincare concerns? ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š

Tag
Tips & Tricks