/ CeraVe AM Facial Moisturising Lotion SPF50 Competition Entry
madrasa
Moisturised Master
13/10/23-00:21 (edited)

CeraVe AM Facial Moisturising Lotion SPF50 Competition Entry

I would love to win the CeraVe AM Facial Moisturising Lotion SPF50! I’m always on the lookout for a broad-spectrum high SPF sunscreen to best protect my skin from the sun’s UV rays. This great sunscreen protects against both UVB and UVA rays and is SPF 50+ so is great for protection! Being an oil free/non greasy, lightweight moisturiser, it is great for daily use, protecting my skin every day! Containing 3 essential ceramides, it helps protect my natural skin barrier. The niacinamide will keep my skin soothed and calmed. The vitamin E will keep my skin hydrated for 24 hours. This makes it a great moisturiser for me to use daily without the need to compromise hydration with sun protection! Being fragrance free and non-comedogenic it makes it great to use even if my skin feels sensitised some days. It is fast absorbing and leaves no white residue and so is great to use even if I forget to apply my sunscreen so can quickly apply it when out and about! My top tip to protect your skin would be to try to limit the amount of time you’re in the sun between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM. This is when the sun's rays are the most intense. I use the shadow rule to help me with this: when my shadow is shorter than me, the sun's rays are at their strongest, so I try to find shade. This can be in the form of a tree or even an umbrella! I also like to have a long-sleeved cardigan to hand to provide protection. I’d recommend one made from tightly woven fabric as they tend to offer the best protection. I also like to carry a pair of sunglasses with me as they protect my eyes from the UV rays and can reduce the risk of cataracts as well as protect the skin around my eyes. I would recommend ones that are wrap around to prevent any rays from entering from the side of your eyes and ones that protect against UVB and UVA rays to offer the best protection. I like to also carry a hat with me. I’d recommend having one with a brim as this will be able to provide shade to the face, ears and the back of the neck. I would also recommend it to be a darker colour and made from tightly woven fabric to provide the best protection. I like to wear one made from canvas. I wouldn’t recommend a straw hat as the holes can allow for UV rays to enter, therefore providing less shade. I would also recommend being extra careful when around water and sand. These surfaces reflect the damaging rays of the sun, which can increase your chance of getting a sunburn, so I’d recommend applying a thick layer of high SPF broad spectrum sunscreen every 2 hours (and after swimming, sweating or towelling off). Don’t forget to check the expiration date of your sunscreen! Sunscreen without an expiration date has a shelf life of no more than 3 years. Its shelf life is shorter if it has been exposed to high temperatures. Good luck everyone and stay safe!
AM Facial Moisturising Lotion SPF50