/ How I target new acne breakouts and avoid blackheads/clogged
Zakia Hussain
28/04/24-14:58

How I target new acne breakouts and avoid blackheads/clogged pores!

I have suffered acne for quite a while now and whenever I get a new breakouts I follow a simple routine to help heal my skin whilst also retaining my natural skin barrier. I have dry skin so using actives everyday isn't good for my skin barrier. I like to use the blemish control cleanser by CeraVe in the mornings as it contains salicylic acid which goes deep into your pores and cleans out any bacteria. I follow this with CeraVe's hyaluronic acid serum which is perfect for my skin type as I have dry skin and then finish off with their spf 50 moisturising suncream. At night I first use CeraVe's foaming oil cleanser to remove my makeup. I find this cleanser also removes any dirt that could have built up on my skin during the day which also helps me to combat blackheads in my nose. I follow this cleanser with CeraVe's hydrating cleanser and then use CeraVe's blemish control get followed by CeraVe's healing ointment as my skin is really prone to dryness and peeling through the night. I find the healing ointment to be very moisturising and haven't had any problems with dry skin since using this product!
Blemish Control Cleanser
Hydrating Cleanser
AM Facial Moisturising Lotion SPF50
Blemish Control Gel
Hydrating Foaming Oil Cleanser
Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum