Home / Skincare Chats

Skincare Chats

The hub for all things skincare! From routine recommendations to tips on how best to apply a product, this is the perfect place to share and find advice on CeraVe and skincare as a whole.
🏆 Competition
The Chance to Win Your Full Routine for Blemish-Prone Skin*

Blemishes & blackheads are a common skin concern, especially for those of a younger age.

To help you take control of your skin, we're offering you the chance to WIN Your Full Routine for Blemish-Prone Skin*. Enriched with powerful ingredients such as Salicylic Acid and Niacinamide, this range is perfect for those prone to blemishes & blackheads.

For your chance to win, in the ‘Skincare Chats’ channel, please let us know your top tips for managing blemishes and blackheads! 

UK [& ROI] resident, aged 18+ only. The chance to win your full routine for blemish-prone skin* Entries open 12:00 04/04/24 until 23:59 04/05/24. For your chance to win, in the Skincare Chats channel, please let us know your top tips for managing blemishes and blackheads! Prize is a complimentary CeraVe giftbag including the following full-size products: Blemish Control Cleanser (236ml), Blemish Control Gel (15ml), Resurfacing Retinol Serum (30ml), Daily Moisturiser with SPF 50 (52ml).  Full T&Cs: https://www.cerave.co.uk/terms-and-conditions Promoter: CeraVe, a trading division of L'Oréal (U.K.) Limited, Gateway Central, White City Place, 187 Wood Lane, London, W12 7SA. 1 prize winner.

🏅 Complimentary CeraVe Giftbag
🎫 3 entries for this contest
⏰ contest ends on 5/4/2024
All HydrationBlemishes and blackheadsSkin ConditionsIngredientsQuestionTips & tricksSelfie of the dayUnboxingSpotted in storeYour skincare bag
Most recent
Filter
Roxy
05/04/24-21:13
1. Wash your face with a gentle cleanser and make sure you take off your makeup effectively 2. Use a moisturiser depending on your skin type (I can use a light, hydrating one but my sister has to use quite a thick moisturiser so that it absorbs fully) 3. Exfoliate 1-2 times a week (gently)
Jade
Moisturised Master
05/04/24-17:59 (edited)
Keep your skincare routine simple and stick with it diligently. Try out some clay masks to clear out impurities. 🧖‍♀️ And don't forget, staying hydrated and eating a balanced diet can do wonders for your skin's health. 💧🥗 Above all, remember to be kind to yourself and patient with your skin. Skincare isn't a race; it's a journey. 🚶‍♂️ So take a deep breath, listen to what your skin needs, and trust that consistency will pay off in the long run.
HeatherN
05/04/24-15:14
Shower and scrub to remove blackheads, simple wash and don’t touch the face thereafter to reduce blemishes-go outside but not in full sun and don’t wear makeup.
Rosie555
Skin Scholar
05/04/24-10:15
When I was younger I had terrible skin. I constantly had breakouts which left me with post acne marks and hyperpigmentation. I thought my skin would settle down as I got older, putting thr breakouts down to my age and hormones. However, as I have become older I've learnt that I have oily combination and a consistent routine along with being patient have helped me to manage the breakouts and hyperpigmentation. I have used the CeraVe blemish control gel and it works wonders for my skin. It's my go to when I have breakouts. I would love to try the rest of the blemish range as even though I don't have younger skin I still have breakouts.
Blemish control competition
keithykin
Moisturised Master
05/04/24-07:08
I started using cleaner that contains or infused with salicylic acid as it helps dry out my acne whilst it helps with the inflamed ones as well. I then use treatment gel on my acne spots to help reduce further acne production. Both the cleanser and treatment spot gel I use in AM and PM routine, retinol at nighttime and SPF throughout the day. Lastly, I take into consideration managing my stress and sleep especially the food I eat. Trust the process, retinol causes skin purging which is normal as it slowly works and your skin adjusts to the treatment. If irritation persists then stop using it and I always recommend checking it with experts before anything else.
keithykin
Moisturised Master
05/04/24-06:51
It’s best to ask your dermatologist and have your skin evaluated especially for severe acne, if it’s something hormonal to have your bloods checked etc. I have got sensitive skin and I find certain ingredients too harsh on my skin like tretinoin. Although I started using retinol with the lowest concentration as an addition to my nighttime skincare routine which helps with my skin texture, pigmentation and targets my acne production as well. It’s important that you patch test any products first before applying it all over the face to avoid skin damage and irritation. Apply SPF daily, re-apply throughout the day even indoors/outdoors especially when using retinol.
keithykin
Moisturised Master
05/04/24-06:42
As a blemish-prone type of girl, I have learned a thing or two about managing my skin problems. Since it’s due to my hormones, I first take into consideration my diet & lifestyle, meaning lesser fried foods and dairy/gluten. Next is by skincare routine, it’s important to double-cleanse all the time especially when wearing makeup. I usually opt for a cleanser that contains salicylic acid, niacinamide serum, a moisturizer followed by my retinol and acne spot treatment gel. Since I’m using retinol at night it makes it more sensitive to UV, so I use SPF daily and re-apply it. I also use silk pillow cases and headcap to avoid my hairs getting on my face and lesser friction or irritation. Lastly, I stay hydrated all the time☝🏽
Top Tips for Blemish/Acne-Prone Skin
Loopylass84
Moisturised Master
05/03/24-22:50
My tips for managing blemishes and black heads are .... 1. Wash face with a gentle cleanser twice a day, I like to double cleanse. 2. Use a toner that is gentle to the skin and for your skin type as you don't want to irritate the skin anymore than it is.3. Use a moisturiser thats meant for your skin type don't mix different skin types especially as your skin is already in flare up.4. Use a spf thats for sensitive skin as it will moisture and nourish the skin while protecting.And 5. keep with the same routine consistently as changing skin products will irritate the skin more and drink plenty of fluids to hydrate.
Managing blemishes and black heads