Home / Ask a Skin Expert

Ask a Skin Expert

Do you need skincare advice? Our CeraVe Skin Experts are here to help! Whether you consider yourself a skincare newbie or feel you’re fairly clued up, no question is too big or small.

Elizabeth [See profile]
Skin Type: Dehydrated
Skin Concern: Ageing & Pigmentation
Favourite Product:

Jade [See profile]
Skin Type: Dry
Skin Concern: Ageing
Favourite Product: AM Facial Moisturising Lotion SPF 50

Emily [See profile]
Skin Type: Combination
Skin Concern: Dehydration
Favourite Product: Hydrating Foaming Oil Cleanser

We also have contributing Skin Experts, Kasey, May and Amna who can support. Please note, our Skin Experts are not a medical professionals therefore this advice cannot replace the advice of your GP, dermatologist or medical professional. If you have any concerns or have any skin conditions or are pregnant, please seek advice from your GP, dermatologist or healthcare professional.
Write something
Most recent
Filter
Siva
Nourished Novice
02/11/23-10:43
I get some few bumps and they vanish like something bitten and then to deal with dull and slight wrinkles skin, need your advice
Lils
Moisturised Master
02/11/23-10:05
Hi I get itchy skin on my face (not affecting around my eyes) at night. I currently have the hydrating cleanser, serum and eye repair. do you have any suggestions to help this please?
Ems
Moisturised Master
02/11/23-00:42
What products should we not use with retinol?
charlotte
Moisturised Master
01/11/23-21:40
What is the main cause of acne around the jawline and what's the best treatment?
Foreverautumn
Skin Scholar
31/10/23-16:42
Can someone tell me the reason you always need to wear sunscreen if using retinol? Just curious
Katarzyna
Skin Scholar
31/10/23-11:13
Hi. What cleanser and cream do you recommend for combination skin?
HeyThere
Moisturised Master
30/10/23-18:57
I have a question about hyaluronic acid. I started by using it in the morning in the form of a serum. This was making my suncream extremely flaky. I then decided to get its benefits as part of the ingredients in a normal daily moisturiser. This hasn’t caused any issue with my suncream. But I wonder: is it as effective on the skin? I have a combination skin with the odd spots around the jawline. Thank you!
Perdixandprosecco
Moisturised Master
30/10/23-13:16
Hey ladies, I have started using the retinol every other evening and it’s working miracles!! But is it ok to use long term or should it just be in short bursts?