/ Skincare Chats

Skincare Chats

The hub for all things skincare! From routine recommendations to tips on how best to apply a product, this is the perfect place to share and find advice on CeraVe and skincare as a whole.
Write something
All HydrationBlemishes and blackheadsSkin ConditionsIngredientsQuestionTips & tricksSelfie of the dayUnboxingSpotted in storeYour skincare bag
Most recent
Filter
Teelukky
Moisturised Master
04/25/24-19:48
Morning: 1. Cleanse: Use a gentle cleanser to remove any dirt or oil accumulated overnight. 2. Tone (optional): Apply a toner to rebalance your skin's pH levels and tighten pores. 3. Moisturize: Apply a lightweight moisturizer to hydrate your skin and create a protective barrier. 4. Sunscreen: Finish with a broad-spectrum sunscreen to protect your skin from UV rays. Evening: 1. Cleanse: Use the same gentle cleanser to remove makeup, dirt, and oil from the day. 2. Exfoliate (2-3 times a week): Use a chemical exfoliant containing ingredients like glycolic acid or salicylic acid to remove dead skin cells and unclog pores. 3. Treat: Apply any targeted treatments, such as acne spot treatments or serums. 4. Moisturize: Follow up with a richer moisturizer to replenish your skin overnight. Optional: 1. Mask (1-2 times a week): Use a face mask tailored to your skin's needs, such as a clay mask for oil control or a hydrating mask for dry skin. 2. Eye cream: Apply an eye cream to hydrate and address specific concerns like dark circles or fine lines. Remember, consistency is key, and it's essential to listen to your skin's needs and adjust your routine accordingly.
Arista
04/25/24-17:50
Double cleanse centella light cleansing oil, cerave SA smoothing cleanser, Erborian eau ginseng, centella poremizing fresh ampoule and cerave resurfacing retinol for night and day is La roche posay pigmentclar.
My routine
Caraamc
Nourished Novice
04/25/24-17:07 (edited)
I often double cleanse a couple times weekly to deep cleanse and not too often so not to strip my skin, following up with hydrating moisturiser
Single choice
closed
Do you double cleanse?
7 votes
Yes 100%
No 0%
Suggested mission See all
Blemish Busters : Share Your Secret ⌛
30 Cerave exppoints
Shakira
Moisturised Master
04/25/24-17:04
It’s important to moisturise regardless of whether or not you have oily skin or dry skin, it’s also important to wear an appropriate SPF. Combining the two is even better so I use the am spf moisturiser and an eye cream as your eye area requires just as much attention
Shakira
Moisturised Master
04/25/24-16:57
I use the blemish prone cleanser and gel twice a day  Exfoliate 2-3 times a weekUse retinol for scarring every other night (not on the same nights I exfoliate
Ankk
Fresh Face
04/25/24-16:26
try not to irritate skin (eg picking and popping spots), try to avoid hair touching the face, be patient and manage stress! use products that i think are right for me x
SSH-B 🌹
Skin Scholar
04/25/24-16:21
I have combination skin, and suffer with enlarged pores in the “T zone”. I begin my morning routine with CeraVe Blemish Control Cleanser as the 2% salicylic acid in it exfoliates the area and discourages sebum from collecting & forming comedones. Bacteria can cause breakouts and touching the face when unnecessary is not helpful. Trying to unclog the pores manually can cause many skin problems like infections and scarring.  The second step in my routine is applying Blemish Control Gel. This further increases the power to stop blackheads in their tracks. It moisturises too. Both the cleanser and gel contain niacinimide. This helps to fade any hyperpigmentation left by spots & sun damage. I now apply moisturising sunscreen to protect my skin from damage from the sun. Sun can cause blackheads called Favre Racouchout. Sun can also cause dark patches called Malasma. Niacinimide, Salicylic acid and using sunscreen is the way to go!
Let your products do the work.
Caro
Fresh Face
04/25/24-15:50
I wash my face with soap morning and evening then I use the blemish control cleanser. I moisturise twice a day to keep my skin looking and feeling good.