/ Skincare Chats

Skincare Chats

The hub for all things skincare! From routine recommendations to tips on how best to apply a product, this is the perfect place to share and find advice on CeraVe and skincare as a whole.
Write something
All HydrationBlemishes and blackheadsSkin ConditionsIngredientsQuestionTips & tricksSelfie of the dayUnboxingSpotted in storeYour skincare bag
Most recent
Filter
Steph
Moisturised Master
04/11/24-13:57
Just a few tips I’ve picked up along my own journey! 1. Make sure your hands are clean before you wash your face. It sounds silly but it makes a huge difference. You wouldn’t take a wash cloth out of the laundry bin and wipe your face with it would you?! 2. If you’re like me and use/sleep in conditioning hair masks regularly, make sure you’re changing your bedding/pillowcases as often as you can. The excess conditioner left behind on your pillow can cause havoc on your skin, I usually keep a specific pillow case that I use for the nights I sleep with a hair mask on, I also stick a silk bonnet on just for an extra layer of protection to avoid leaving any product behind on your pillow. 3. SPF is a must. I made the mistake of only using it on “sunny days” for years and now I’m using products to repair damage to my skin barrier and dark spots, when all that could have been avoided! 4. I use a chemical exfoliant regularly, but it took me a while to figure out which one was best for my skin between AHA, BHA and PHA. If you’re starting to use a chemical exfoliant too, start gentle from a low strength and work your way up depending on your skin. Same with your cleanser, if you’re using a cleanser with an active ingredient like the Cerave SA cleanser, or the blemish control cleanser, use these on there own for a while first before you add in an exfoliating toner so as to avoid over exfoliating. 5. Avoid physical exfoliants where you can. Blackheads can easily be removed with BHA, without using something else because you feel like you have to physically scrub out the blackhead. Good luck to all and hope these tips help at least one of you!
Zeebee
04/11/24-12:00
1. Consistent Cleansing: Cleanse your face twice daily with a gentle cleanser to remove dirt, oil, and impurities that can contribute to blemishes and blackheads. 2. Exfoliation: Regular exfoliation helps remove dead skin cells and unclog pores. Use a gentle exfoliator 2-3 times a week to prevent buildup. 3. Use Non-comedogenic Products: Choose skincare and makeup products labeled as non-comedogenic to avoid clogging pores and exacerbating blemishes. 4. Spot Treatments: Apply spot treatments containing ingredients like benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid to target individual blemishes and blackheads. 5. Moisturize: Even if you have oily or acne-prone skin, it's important to moisturize to maintain skin hydration. Look for oil-free, non-comedogenic moisturizers. 6. Sun Protection: Use sunscreen daily to protect your skin from sun damage, which can worsen blemishes and cause dark spots. 7. Hands Off: Avoid touching your face, as this can transfer bacteria and irritate existing blemishes. 8. Healthy Lifestyle: Maintain a balanced diet, stay hydrated, and manage stress levels, as these factors can influence skin health. 9. Professional Help: If blemishes persist despite home care, consider consulting a dermatologist for personalized treatment options.
Afrodita
Skin Scholar
04/11/24-10:41
Thank you, CeraVe!🩵
Thank you, CeraVe!🩵
Suggested mission See all
Blemish Busters : Share Your Secret ⌛
30 Cerave exppoints
Lucy
04/11/24-10:05
I swear by using a gentle physical exfoliator a couple of times a week, I find it really helps to boost my confidence and manage breakouts better, I notice a lot less blackheads when I do this, assuming down to dead skin having been lifted from the complexion
Iuliana
04/11/24-09:50
Hydration tips:drink water, sleep well, eat healthy foods, moisturising your skin, use spf
Sawmya
04/11/24-07:29
Hydrated Skin  -Drink plenty of water  - good sleep - good nutritious diet - positive mindset - eat your fruits and veggies - don’t over exfoliate your skin - wear your SPF - go makeup free and apply suitable moisturising cream according to your skin type - cleanse your skin daily before bed - be gentle to your skin
ammar
Nourished Novice
04/11/24-07:28
Always i drink water and Hydratation of my skin 🙂
Carlton
Skin Scholar
04/11/24-04:26
Thank you Cerave Community I am looking forward to testing and reviewing these lovely samples
Blemish Control Cleansers