/ Ask a Skin Expert

Ask a Skin Expert

Do you need skincare advice? Our CeraVe Skin Experts are here to help! Whether you consider yourself a skincare newbie or feel you’re fairly clued up, no question is too big or small.

Elizabeth [See profile]
Skin Type: Dehydrated
Skin Concern: Ageing & Pigmentation
Favourite Product:

Jade [See profile]
Skin Type: Dry
Skin Concern: Ageing
Favourite Product: AM Facial Moisturising Lotion SPF 50

Emily [See profile]
Skin Type: Combination
Skin Concern: Dehydration
Favourite Product: Hydrating Foaming Oil Cleanser

We also have contributing Skin Experts, Kasey, May and Amna who can support. Please note, our Skin Experts are not a medical professionals therefore this advice cannot replace the advice of your GP, dermatologist or medical professional. If you have any concerns or have any skin conditions or are pregnant, please seek advice from your GP, dermatologist or healthcare professional.
Write something
Most recent
Filter
CatM92
Moisturised Master
05/30/24-09:09
Hey everyone! I’ve recently been diagnosed with Rosacea, and my skin is finally starting to clear up on prescribed treatments. This is coming to an end now, so would love to hear what skin care routine you’d recommend.
Lizzie224
Moisturised Master
05/28/24-20:14
I’ve added the link to my home page (and got the points for that mission) but it won’t let me turn on push notifications? I can click allow all notifications but none of the push ones. Any one got any ideas? Thanks
I’ve added the link to my home page (and got the points for
SSH-B 🌹
Skin Scholar
05/28/24-11:18
If you have been indoors on a dull rainy day, is it acceptable to cleanse with just micellar water?
Leahbon_testing
Moisturised Master
05/27/24-00:10
I suffer from anxiety. A coping mechanism of mine is to scratch and itch my skin… I’ve tried most creams. Cerave has been by far the best to treat my skin condition. But I’m wondering if you have a better cream that might be more suited to my skin? X
Lizzie224
Moisturised Master
05/25/24-19:15
Hi all, I’ve recently had a terrible cough and a cold and the only thing that allowed me to sleep at night was running olbas oil on my chest dabbing it around my pillow. Whilst it worked well (I was a bit desperate as cough medicine didn’t work) It’s left me with a really dry scaley skin in patches on my chest. I have both the original moisturiser and the blue lid SA version. Which do you think would be best to use to heal it quickly? I was thinking the original?
Beth
Moisturised Master
05/22/24-10:02
Heyyy, I want to get a fringe again (sounds irrelevant I know), however whenever I do I get a really oily forehead that cusses the fringe to become greasy so quickly. I was wondering if there’s any tips so it won’t become as oily.
SSH-B 🌹
Skin Scholar
05/19/24-13:19
How much CeraVe moisturiser with SPF 50 should we put on our face and neck? I hear a lot of conflicting advice from doctors and NHS sites and the WHO. How often should I reapply it if I am walking in sunshine and do not perspire? I want to stay as safe as possible.  Thank you for your time, expertise and kindness. 🌹
Hoda
Nourished Novice
05/18/24-03:24
I love this product