Home / Ask a Skin Expert

Ask a Skin Expert

Do you need skincare advice? Our CeraVe Skin Experts are here to help! Whether you consider yourself a skincare newbie or feel you’re fairly clued up, no question is too big or small.

Elizabeth [See profile]
Skin Type: Dehydrated
Skin Concern: Ageing & Pigmentation
Favourite Product:

Jade [See profile]
Skin Type: Dry
Skin Concern: Ageing
Favourite Product: AM Facial Moisturising Lotion SPF 50

Emily [See profile]
Skin Type: Combination
Skin Concern: Dehydration
Favourite Product: Hydrating Foaming Oil Cleanser

We also have contributing Skin Experts, Kasey, May and Amna who can support. Please note, our Skin Experts are not a medical professionals therefore this advice cannot replace the advice of your GP, dermatologist or medical professional. If you have any concerns or have any skin conditions or are pregnant, please seek advice from your GP, dermatologist or healthcare professional.
Write something
Most recent
Filter
Lou14
Fresh Face
01/24/24-05:28
I have suffered with dry skin and eczema all my life. In the last few years I have had a dermatitis/dry skin in colder weather which caused eyes to water and make skin worse. Can you recommend something for me to try suitable for around the eye area?
rach_tries
Moisturised Master
01/23/24-23:15
I want to know how do people get such even skin tone and have such a flawless nose with minimal blackheads? I have been struggling with blackheads all my life and I feel like the blemish control cleanser does not actually make the blackheads go away. At the end of the day, I'll have to physically extract them. Is that related to a diet issue I wonder?
Zhb6
Nourished Novice
01/23/24-20:11
Hello. I have really dry cracked hands. Think it’s due to washing my hands so much and having a hands on job. Any suggestions to help? X
Hello. I have really dry cracked hands. Think it’s due to
Erin
Nourished Novice
01/23/24-16:40
I have really dry and dehydrated skin as well as eczema. I get really dry on my nose and forehead which especially shows under makeup. What’s the best products to use to help this?
Kayleigh
Fresh Face
01/23/24-16:33
I have eczema, usually it's only on my arms but I'm not sure if it's the cold weather but I've got a few dry red patches on my face, could you recommend a cream?
Dawn
Nourished Novice
01/23/24-15:58
Is it better to apply serum before or after moisturiser?
Johnsiemarie
Moisturised Master
01/23/24-15:46
Hi ya, I have dry skin at the moment mainly due to menopause and central heating. I would like to combat the dryness but also have an oily t zone that has larger pores. Do you have any tips for moisture but also helping to combat fine lines at the same time that also won’t break me out in spots. I have only discovered cerave hydrating cleanser so far. I’m learning the most ideal new ceraVe routine to start, now that your products are available in uk. Im currently using Roche hyaluronic acid, Elemis pro collagen & zo new power defence. I’m not convinced they are right for me and overwhelmed with what is best for my skin type. Many thanks 💖
PipRoden
Fresh Face
01/23/24-13:12
Adult acne.....my doctor says it's my thyroid issue, I think it's hormonal. Never had teenage acne so am struggling. It's not just the unsightly look....it's so sore and not yellowhead spots....its like boils under the skin.
Adult acne.....my doctor says it's my thyroid issue, I think