Home / CeraVe Announcements

CeraVe Announcements

Watch this space for important updates on all things CeraVe, from our Admins and Skin Experts.
Write something
Most recent
Filter
Emily @ CeraVe
Skin Expert
13/03/24-16:11 (edited)

Hi everyone, how are you all?

Today I wanted to share all the key ingredients within our products - and why they make our products so great!

Hyaluronic Acid
This is in nearly all of our products but it is actually the most gentle acid, it acts as a humectant which means it attracts water and prevents moisture loss. This is good for dry, dehydrated skin.

Salicylic Acid
An exfoliant to the skin. This helps to unclog pores which is ideal if you are prone to blackheads, clogged pores and blemishes. This can be used on combination-oily skin types daily, however if you have normal-dry skin, it should be used 1-2 x weekly.

Retinol
Retinol promotes your skin's natural exfoliation process and encourages the shedding of dead skin cells, which can help refine your skin’s surface. Retinol should be introduced slowly into a routine to avoid dryness and irritation.

Glycolic and Lactic Acid (AHA)
Both acids are helpful for smoothing and softening rough or scaly skin. These are exfoliating ingredients which are one of the gentlest alpha-hydroxy acids, and they offers hydrating benefits as well.

Niacinamide
Niacinamide can help soothe the skin and has been shown to have antioxidant capabilities as well. In addition, it helps to improve the appearance of skin discoloration and other visible signs of environmental damage.

Ceramides
We've spoken about these recently, to re-cap, Ceramides are found in all of our products and they help to strengthen our skin barrier and helps to repair damaged skin.

Urea
This is found in our SA Smoothing Cream (which I will be talking about next week). Urea is brilliant for dry, rough skin as it helps to provide hydration and reduce the build up of dead skin cells.

Squalane
This is an emollient which has the ability to penetrate all of the uppermost layers of the skin to fill in the spaces between skin cells. It also prevents moisture loss and helps to provide immediate hydration for comprimised/damaged skin.

Only the best ingredients will do!

Hope you enjoyed reading, have a lovely evening 💙

Tag
Skin Science
Elizabeth @ CeraVe
Skin Expert
12/03/24-17:00

Hi Community,

I hope you are well. If your skin is feeling VERY dry this video is for you. 💙

Enjoy
Elizabeth💙

Select one or several answers to vote
Have you tried this moisturiser yet?
52 votes
Yes
NO
Submit
Tag
Routine Advice
Olivia @ CeraVe
Admin
11/03/24-21:57

Hey Me + CeraVe, how is everyone doing? I wanted to announce February's Member of the Month! Congratulations @Rosie555 ! Thanks for your dedication to Me + CeraVe, please enjoy your points! 💙

Tag
Tips & Tricks
Jade
Skin Expert
11/03/24-19:58 (edited)

Happy Monday Evening 💙

I hope everyone is doing well -  I wanted to share some simple skin tips, on looking after your skin post-flu.  It is common for your skin to experience some changes, such as the skin can become dryer and irritated, naturally needing extra hydration.

Here are a few tips to help your skin recover

Skin Tips
I have a dry skin type, so I always opt for a hydrating cleanser to cleanse and hydrate my skin! Cleansing is an important part of your routine, just like cleaning your teeth, Always cleanse your skin, even if it is with a micellar water (AM more so) .

Moisturise using a moisturiser that suits your skin type and adjusts to the condition of your skin. The Facial Moisturizing lotion SPF 50 is suitable for all skin types and is a moisturiser and high broad spectrum, sun protection in one.

Repair your skin barrier; This is when you notice dry and rough skin. The Advanced Repair Ointment is the perfect barrier repair applying to all the areas of your skin you need extra reparing. I love using this on my lips and the backs of my hands too.

Enjoy the Skin tips! Also please let me know if there are any products, routines, or tips you would like more information on so I can share them with you 💙

Have a great week Everyone - Jade 😊

Tag
Tips & Tricks
Olivia @ CeraVe
Admin
08/03/24-14:38

Hey Me + CeraVe, how are you? Great news - we have a NEW competition, now live!

It's your chance to WIN our latest hydrating innovation, the NEW CeraVe Advanced Repair Ointment* 💙

To learn how to enter, please click here.

UK [& ROI] resident, aged 18+ only. The Chance to win our latest moisturising innovation: The CeraVe Advanced Repair Ointment*!* Entries open 12:00 07/03/24 until 23:59 01/04/24. For your chance to win, in the Skincare Chats channel, please let us know how you would incorporate this multi-purpose ointment in your skincare routine! Prize is a complimentary CeraVe Healing Ointment 50ml. Full T&Cs: https://www.cerave.co.uk/terms-and-conditions Promoter: CeraVe, a trading division of L'Oréal (U.K.) Limited, Gateway Central, White City Place, 187 Wood Lane, London, W12 7SA. 3 prize winners.

Click on an answer to vote
Have you entered for the chance to win?
46 votes
Yes, already entered!
I'm on the way to enter now!
Tag
Competitions
Emily @ CeraVe
Skin Expert
06/03/24-11:56

Hi everyone!

Have you tried the Advanced Repair Ointment yet?

The ointment comes in two sizes (50ml and 88ml), I always make sure to bring my travel sized ointment when I am going out for the day, this is my handbag staple!

It can be used on the face, body and lips. My favourite way to use this is as a lip balm! Nothing else compares!

It has a rich yet non greasy texture that has an advanced formula of pharmaceutical grade Petrolatum, Hyaluronic Acid and 3 Essential Ceramides. A little goes a long way so this travel sized tube will last me months!

It soothes, protects and deeply nourishes dry, rough and chapped skin. This is an occlusive meaning it creates a protective layer over the surface of the skin that shields against external elements and prevents moisture loss.

This is non-comedogenic. however I wouldn't recommend to use on blemishes or if you are prone to congestion. But brilliant for ezcema, psoriasis prone skin 💙

Have you picked up/tried the Advanced Repair Ointment yet?
72 votes
Yes - can’t live without it now 💙
Haven’t tried yet but it’s on my wishlist 🌟
Tag
Skin Science
Jade
Skin Expert
04/03/24-19:01

Hey Me + CeraVe

How is everyone? I hope keeping well. I wanted to share with you why, we should double cleanse our skin and some key reasons our skin can benefit. This can also result in a reduction of skin concerns with the cleansing routine for your skin type & concerns!

💚Double cleansing helps to effectively remove all traces of dirt, oil, makeup, and other impurities from the skin. The first cleansing step is to use a cleanser to dissolve and remove oil-based impurities such as sunscreen, makeup, and excess sebum.  
You could use the Micellar water or the Hydrating cream - to foam cleanser.

💚The second step also involves using a cleanser to remove any remaining impurities and to cleanse the skin more deeply. This cleanser can also focus on your skin type and concerns more targeted.  My skin type, is dry, so I always opt for a hydrating cleanser.

💚Double cleansing is beneficial for several reasons.
Firstly, it ensures that all traces of makeup and impurities are completely removed from the skin, which can help to prevent clogged pores and breakouts.

💚Secondly, it allows the second cleanser to penetrate more deeply into the skin, maximizing its effectiveness.

💚Lastly, double cleansing can help to balance the skin's natural oil production, leaving the skin feeling clean, refreshed, and more receptive to the benefits of other skincare products.

Please let me know if you have any double-cleansing questions - Jade 💙

Tag
Routine Advice
Jade
Skin Expert
29/02/24-18:23 (edited)

Hey Me + CeraVe!

I was wondering if anyone uses CeraVe Micellar Cleansing water?

Here are some benefits of using CeraVe Micellar Water 💚

1 Gentle Cleansing: Micellar water is a gentle cleanser that is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
It effectively removes impurities from the skin's surface without causing irritation or stripping away the skin's natural moisture.

2 Makeup Removal: Micellar water is particularly effective at removing makeup, including waterproof formulas. The micelles in the water attract and dissolve makeup particles, allowing them to be easily wiped away with a cotton pad or cloth.

3 Hydration: CeraVe Micellar Water is formulated with hydrating ingredients like ceramides and niacinamide, which help to replenish and retain moisture in the skin. This can leave your skin feeling refreshed and hydrated after cleansing.

4 No Rinse Formula: One of the key advantages of micellar water is that it does not require rinsing. This makes it a convenient option for those who want to cleanse their skin on the go or for those who prefer to avoid excessive water usage. The Micellar Cleanser Water is also, Non-comedogenic, fragrance-free and paraben-free.

5 Versatility: Micellar water can be used not only on the face but also on other parts of the body, such as the neck, chest, or hands. It can be a useful addition to your skincare routine for quick and easy cleansing.

It's important to note that while micellar water is,  effective at removing surface impurities, it may not be sufficient as a standalone cleanser for deep cleansing or removing heavy makeup.

I always do recommend following up with a regular facial cleanser for a thorough cleanse 💚

Have you tried Micellar Water? 💚
88 votes
Yes I have tried CeraVe Micellar Cleansing water?
No, Not Yet I would like to!
I have tried other Micellar waters
Tag
Routine Advice