Home / CeraVe Announcements

CeraVe Announcements

Watch this space for important updates on all things CeraVe, from our Admins and Skin Experts.
Write something
Most recent
Filter
Olivia @ CeraVe
Admin
21/02/24-09:37

Hi everyone! I am excited to share that we have launched a new channel on Me + CeraVe!

💙 Recieve Free Samples!
We're now offering you the chance to recieve free CeraVe samples to trial and review!

To be in with the chance of recieivng free samples, please head to the channel Free Samples. 💙

Tag
Tips & Tricks
Jade
Skin Expert
12/02/24-17:05

Hey Me + CeraVe

I wanted to check in and see who has been able to try the new Advanced Repair Ointment?

I have been applying this regularly and wanted to share some ways you can add this to your routine. The ointment provides intense hydration and helps to repair the skin's protective barrier. It is suitable for dry, rough, and cracked skin.

Ways to use CeraVe Advanced Repair Ointment💙

1 Cleanse the affected area: Before applying the ointment, ensure that the area is clean and dry. Gently wash the area with a mild cleanser,  such as the hydrating foaming oil cleanser - then pat dry with a clean towel. (Unless you are layering, like me in the video)

2 Apply a generous layer:  Take a sufficient amount of the ointment as needed; then use your fingertips or a clean applicator to spread a thick and even layer over the skin. Focus on areas that require extra hydration or have dryness or cracks. Such as lips and areas you can see or feel that need extra repairing.

3 Massage gently: Once the ointment is applied, gently massage it into the skin using circular motions. This application will help the ointment to absorb and penetrate deeply into the skin.

4 Reapply as needed: Depending on the severity of dryness or irritation, you may need to reapply the ointment throughout the day. You can apply it over your skin when needed. For me and many others, the skin can get super dry in winter, especially if your skin is a dry skin type or concerns arise you need the extra application. You can also apply it over your skincare + Makeup - (being extra gentle)

5 Wash your hands: After applying the Advanced Repair Ointment, wash your hands thoroughly to remove any residue; you can also use it to repair your hands (like me in the video)

Enjoy the video, and share any questions or concerns you may have.
Jade 💙

Click on an answer to vote
Have you tried the Advanced Repair Ointment yet?
113 votes
Yes, been using on face, body and lips 💙
No, but I think I need this 💙
Maybe another time 💙
Tag
Tips & Tricks
Olivia @ CeraVe
Admin
12/02/24-11:39 (edited)

Did you see us last night at the Superbowl? 🏉 🏟️ We just want to clarify that CeraVe is, and always has been, developed with dermatologists. 🥼 Help us fight imposters like Michael Cera and discover our range of face and body moisturisers, all formulated with 3 Essential Ceramides and help to keep skin feeling (and looking!) hydrated 💧

Olivia @ CeraVe
Admin
08/02/24-09:51 (edited)

Hi Me + CeraVe, how are you? This month we are focusing on the of body moisturisers, which play a key role in any skincare regimen for healthy-looking skin. Moisturising your body is just as important as applying face moisturiser.

February's limited-edition challenges are now live, helping you learn how to moisturise like a dermatologist! Available for this month and this month only, this is your chance to earn extra points and unlock rewards!

Explore February's challenges here.

Enjoy! 💙

Tag
Missions
Emily @ CeraVe
Skin Expert
07/02/24-18:10 (edited)

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well.

I thought I would share the routine I recommend for combination-oily blemish prone skin. (if your skin type is dry, I suggest a different cleanser!)

Lets run through the products...

MORNING ROUTINE:
Blemish Control Cleanser
This can be used morning and evening to remote dirt and excess oils. It helps to reduce the appearance of blemishes and blackheads.
It contains:
2% Salicylic Acid - to unclog pores and minimise shine.
Niacinamide - to soothe and even out skin tone.
3 Essential Ceramides - to strengthen the skin barrier.

AM Facial Moisturising Lotion SPF50
The higher of sun protection the better for blemish prone skin!
UVA/UVB broad spectrum protection.
A lightweight, oil free and non-comedogenic formula.
It contains:
Hyaluronic Acid - to deeply hydrate
Niacinamide
3 Essential Ceramides

EVENING ROUTINE:
Cleanser

Blemish Control Gel
This can be used as a facial moisturiser or spot treatment. Use in PM only.
It targets blemishes and blackheds and helps to reduce the appearance of enlarged pores.
It has a gel, lightweight texture that absorbs into the skin quickly.
It contains:
2% Salicylic Acid (BHA - works inside the pores as well as the skins surface)
Glycolic and Lactic Acid which increase the skin cell turnover (AHA's - these work only on the skins surface)
Niacinamide
3 Essential Ceramides

Hope this helps! As always if you have any questions, be sure to leave them in the comments below or head over to the Ask A Skin Expert section.

Have a lovely evening all 💙

Click on an answer to vote
Have you tried the Blemish Control range?
49 votes
Yes - I can’t live without it! 💙
Not yet… *adds to basket* 🛍️
The ultimate routine for Blemishes!
Tag
Routine Advice
Emily @ CeraVe
Skin Expert
31/01/24-16:53

Hi everyone, hope you're all well.

This week I have created a product application guide. This will of course differ from person to person so this is just an average guide! AND it also depends on if you are applying the product down to your neck and chest (which really, we should be doing!)

Why is it bad to over-apply our products?

• Not all the product can absorb into the skin, this results in the products feeling "heavy" and "mask-like" .
  • Pilling. This happens when different textures of products are layered together, forming white dots all over the face and the products clump together. This is often due to 2 reasons, 1) you applied too much product 2) not enough time waited between each step. To avoid pilling, wait 5 to 10 minutes between serum-moisturiser-spf.
  • Not cost effective. You actually need much less of a serum than you think, (see guide) 1 pump of Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid or Resurfacing Retinol should be more than enough. Apply to the back of your hand before applying to the face to avoid over using. Too much retinol can also cause irritation and damage your skin barrier.

Products used and how much:
Foaming Cleanser
Half a pump

Serums
1 pump

Moisturiser - Facial Moisturising Lotion SPF50
length of two fingers / half a teaspoon on face and neck!

Eye Repair Cream
pea sized amount

PM Facial Moisturising Lotion
2-3 pumps

Hope you all found this interesting and helpful, let me know in the comments if you have any questions 💙

How much should I be using?
Tag
Routine Advice
Elizabeth @ CeraVe
Skin Expert
25/01/24-16:41 (edited)

NEW NEW NEW!!!!! 💙💙💙

Hi Community,

We are so excited to announce our NEW Cerave Advanced Repair Ointment.

Who is this for????

Anyone with very dry chapped skin.

Description,

This lightweight, multipurpose ointment helps restore the skin barrier—locking in moisture for lasting hydration and instant relief on dry, chapped, and cracked skin.

Key Benefits

Instantly hydrates and smoothes very dry and chapped skin💙
It helps protect and restore the skin's barrier💙
Multipurpose for the face, body and lips💙
Non Greasy feeling.💙
Formulated with pharmaceutical grade Petrolatum, Hyaluronic Acid and three essential Ceramides to help lock in the moisture💙
Easily absorbed and easy to apply to the skin.💙
Leaves skin on the face, body, and lips feeling soft and smooth.💙

When to apply

Cleanse, moisturise and then apply the new advanced repair ointment. AM and PM.

Let us know if you would be keen to try this ?

Elizabeth, Jade and Emily 💙💙💙

CeraVe Advanced Repair Ointment 💙
Tag
Skin Science
Olivia @ CeraVe
Admin
25/01/24-15:50 (edited)

Hi everyone! I am excited to share a new feature has just launched on Me + CeraVe!

📢 Stay in the loop with Me + CeraVe!
Enable push notifications on your mobile device to be the first to know about new product test opportunities, exclusive competitions and exciting announcements.

How do I enable push notifications?

1. Head to your Profile.
  2. Click the three dots, then 'Edit my profile'
  3. Head to 'Notifications'
  4. Enable push notifications

You can unlock 20 points for completeing this as a mission: Enable push notifications on your mobile.

Let us know your thoughts on this new feature below! 💙

Tag
Missions