Home / CeraVe Announcements

CeraVe Announcements

Watch this space for important updates on all things CeraVe, from our Admins and Skin Experts.
Write something
Most recent
Filter
Emily @ CeraVe
Skin Expert
07/02/24-18:10 (edited)

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well.

I thought I would share the routine I recommend for combination-oily blemish prone skin. (if your skin type is dry, I suggest a different cleanser!)

Lets run through the products...

MORNING ROUTINE:
Blemish Control Cleanser
This can be used morning and evening to remote dirt and excess oils. It helps to reduce the appearance of blemishes and blackheads.
It contains:
2% Salicylic Acid - to unclog pores and minimise shine.
Niacinamide - to soothe and even out skin tone.
3 Essential Ceramides - to strengthen the skin barrier.

AM Facial Moisturising Lotion SPF50
The higher of sun protection the better for blemish prone skin!
UVA/UVB broad spectrum protection.
A lightweight, oil free and non-comedogenic formula.
It contains:
Hyaluronic Acid - to deeply hydrate
Niacinamide
3 Essential Ceramides

EVENING ROUTINE:
Cleanser

Blemish Control Gel
This can be used as a facial moisturiser or spot treatment. Use in PM only.
It targets blemishes and blackheds and helps to reduce the appearance of enlarged pores.
It has a gel, lightweight texture that absorbs into the skin quickly.
It contains:
2% Salicylic Acid (BHA - works inside the pores as well as the skins surface)
Glycolic and Lactic Acid which increase the skin cell turnover (AHA's - these work only on the skins surface)
Niacinamide
3 Essential Ceramides

Hope this helps! As always if you have any questions, be sure to leave them in the comments below or head over to the Ask A Skin Expert section.

Have a lovely evening all 💙

Click on an answer to vote
Have you tried the Blemish Control range?
49 votes
Yes - I can’t live without it! 💙
Not yet… *adds to basket* 🛍️
The ultimate routine for Blemishes!
Tag
Routine Advice
Emily @ CeraVe
Skin Expert
31/01/24-16:53

Hi everyone, hope you're all well.

This week I have created a product application guide. This will of course differ from person to person so this is just an average guide! AND it also depends on if you are applying the product down to your neck and chest (which really, we should be doing!)

Why is it bad to over-apply our products?

• Not all the product can absorb into the skin, this results in the products feeling "heavy" and "mask-like" .
  • Pilling. This happens when different textures of products are layered together, forming white dots all over the face and the products clump together. This is often due to 2 reasons, 1) you applied too much product 2) not enough time waited between each step. To avoid pilling, wait 5 to 10 minutes between serum-moisturiser-spf.
  • Not cost effective. You actually need much less of a serum than you think, (see guide) 1 pump of Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid or Resurfacing Retinol should be more than enough. Apply to the back of your hand before applying to the face to avoid over using. Too much retinol can also cause irritation and damage your skin barrier.

Products used and how much:
Foaming Cleanser
Half a pump

Serums
1 pump

Moisturiser - Facial Moisturising Lotion SPF50
length of two fingers / half a teaspoon on face and neck!

Eye Repair Cream
pea sized amount

PM Facial Moisturising Lotion
2-3 pumps

Hope you all found this interesting and helpful, let me know in the comments if you have any questions 💙

How much should I be using?
Tag
Routine Advice
Elizabeth @ CeraVe
Skin Expert
25/01/24-16:41 (edited)

NEW NEW NEW!!!!! 💙💙💙

Hi Community,

We are so excited to announce our NEW Cerave Advanced Repair Ointment.

Who is this for????

Anyone with very dry chapped skin.

Description,

This lightweight, multipurpose ointment helps restore the skin barrier—locking in moisture for lasting hydration and instant relief on dry, chapped, and cracked skin.

Key Benefits

Instantly hydrates and smoothes very dry and chapped skin💙
It helps protect and restore the skin's barrier💙
Multipurpose for the face, body and lips💙
Non Greasy feeling.💙
Formulated with pharmaceutical grade Petrolatum, Hyaluronic Acid and three essential Ceramides to help lock in the moisture💙
Easily absorbed and easy to apply to the skin.💙
Leaves skin on the face, body, and lips feeling soft and smooth.💙

When to apply

Cleanse, moisturise and then apply the new advanced repair ointment. AM and PM.

Let us know if you would be keen to try this ?

Elizabeth, Jade and Emily 💙💙💙

CeraVe Advanced Repair Ointment 💙
Tag
Skin Science
Olivia @ CeraVe
Admin
25/01/24-15:50 (edited)

Hi everyone! I am excited to share a new feature has just launched on Me + CeraVe!

📢 Stay in the loop with Me + CeraVe!
Enable push notifications on your mobile device to be the first to know about new product test opportunities, exclusive competitions and exciting announcements.

How do I enable push notifications?

1. Head to your Profile.
  2. Click the three dots, then 'Edit my profile'
  3. Head to 'Notifications'
  4. Enable push notifications

You can unlock 20 points for completeing this as a mission: Enable push notifications on your mobile.

Let us know your thoughts on this new feature below! 💙

Tag
Missions
Jade
Skin Expert
23/01/24-15:00 (edited)

Hey Me + CeraVe

I hope everyone is well -  I wanted to share about Ceramides with you.

What Are Ceramides?

Ceramides are a type of LIPID,  naturally found in the skin. they are an essential component of the skin's barrier function.
Ceramides help to form a protective layer on the outermost layer of the skin, known as the stratum corneum.
This layer of the skin works as a barrier, preventing moisture loss and protecting the skin from environmental stressors.

Ceramides help to maintain skin hydration, elasticity, and overall skin health. They help to strengthen the skin barrier, keeping it intact and preventing the entry of harmful substances. Ceramides contribute to the regulation of cell signalling, inflammation, and the repair of damaged skin.

**CeraVe Ceramides **

1. Ceramide 1: Reinforces lipid bi-layers
  2. Ceramide 3: Improves long-term Moisturisation
  3. Ceramide 6-11: Natural Moisturising factor

The Combination will help replenish and restore the skin's natural barrier function and replenish dry, sensitive, or compromised skin.

I hope you enjoyed learning something new about CeraVe Ceramides - Let me know if you have 💙

Click on an answer to vote
Did you know Ceramides are lipids that make up to?💙
93 votes
50% of the skin composition to form the natural skin barrier!💚
25% of the skin composition to form the natural skin barrier!💙
5% of the skin composition to form the natural skin barrier!💚
Tag
Skin Science
Olivia @ CeraVe
Admin
19/01/24-14:00 (edited)

Hey Me + CeraVe! We are so excited to announce that we have a new Product Test for you to apply for! We're giving 80 of you the chance to test the NEW Advanced Repair Ointment*, a lightweight, multi-purpose ointment that helps restore the skin barrier. Locking in moisture for lasting hydration and instant relief, and suitable for very dry, chapped and cracked skin.

For your chance to test the Advanced Repair Ointment, head to the'Become a Tester' channel and apply here.

Good luck and enjoy! 💙

UK residents aged 18+ only. Entries open 16.01.24 until 11.59 30.01.24. Entry via invitation from Me + CeraVe, CeraVe Advanced Repair Ointment 50ml Product Review. Subject to availability while stocks last. Full TCs available here https://www.cerave.co.uk/terms-and-conditions Promoter: CeraVe, a trading division of L'Oréal (U.K.) Limited, Gateway Central, White City Place, 187 Wood Lane, London, W12 7SA

Tag
Product Testing
Emily @ CeraVe
Skin Expert
17/01/24-15:23 (edited)

Hi lovely community!

How are we all today? We had some snow this week and I really wanted to come on and talk about Hydration, but what if you're experiencing breakouts too?

Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum
Hyaluronic Acid is great for reducing moisture loss in the skin, which is important ALL year round but especially in the winter. This has a gel-cream formula which has MVE technology, bascially it delivers hydration throughout the day/evening. It also has 3 Essential Ceramides and Vitamin B5 to soothe and strengthen the skin barrier.

Blemish Control Gel
This can be used as a moisturiser or a spot treatment. It contains:
AHA - Glycolic Acid & Lactic Acid - exfoliate the surface of the skin
BHA - Salicylic Acid - exfoliate the surface and inside the pores
Essential Ceramides

This duo is to be used in the evening, as the Blemish Control is specifically to be used at night. Wait 5-10 mins before layering the products!

Let me know in the comments if you will be trying these two products together! 💙

Hydrate & Treat
Tag
Routine Advice
Olivia @ CeraVe
Admin
12/01/24-11:38

Hi Me + CeraVe! Are you feeling the January blues? Don't worry! We have released limited-edition challenges for this month and this month only. This is your chance to earn extra points and unlock rewards!

Explore January's missions here.

Enjoy! 💙

Tag
Missions