/ Skincare Chats

Skincare Chats

The hub for all things skincare! From routine recommendations to tips on how best to apply a product, this is the perfect place to share and find advice on CeraVe and skincare as a whole.
Write something
All HydrationBlemishes and blackheadsSkin ConditionsIngredientsQuestionTips & tricksSelfie of the dayUnboxingSpotted in storeYour skincare bag
Most recent
Filter
Cory
29/04/24-15:46
Using blemish control mosturiser really works and is not heavy on the skin. Salicylic acid and niacinamide are the best for blemished skin. Pairing it with the face wash is even better !
SSH-B 🌹
Skin Scholar
29/04/24-13:40 (edited)
CeraVe BLEMISH CONTROL WASH has salicylic acid to gently, but thoroughly clean and unclog pores to rid skin of excess sebum. This discourages blackheads & whiteheads from forming. Salicylic acid cleans away bacteria that causes spots and infections. Niacinimide promotes an even skin tone. By penetrating the skin It boosts hydration & helps renew the complexion from within. CeraVe BLEMISH CONTROL GEL MOISTURISER works by applying extra salicylic acid and niacinimide to give an extra boost to the job the blemish wash started. The lightweight oil-free gel moisturiser works to penetrate the pores as an extra gain. All Cerave products products containin 3 ceremides to help protect the skin barrier. They are formulated to lock in hydration for 24 hours. Very gentle on your skin. Always finish your morning routine with sunscreen. Favre Racouchot (blackheads caused by the sun) can form on unprotected skin. Also, long-lasting dark spots are caused by uv rays on unprotected skin.
Works for Melasma as well as blemishes.
Neha
29/04/24-13:02
Double cleanse: first with a CeraVe fash wash. Second with a charcoal wash which draws out impurities Tone with a salicylic acid to help remove dead skin cells and dry out blemishes - I do this every 2-3 days, and tone with a Vit C toner in between Then a layer of CeraVe Blemish Control Gel Moisturiser (Salicylic Acid & Niacinamide) Then a layer of indulgent moisturiser (EVENING) or an SPF (MORNING)
Suggested mission See all
Blemish Busters : Share Your Secret ⌛
30 Cerave exppoints
amieelwhite
29/04/24-10:37
Double cleanse: first with a CeraVe fash wash. Second with a charcoal wash which draws out impurities Tone with a salicylic acid to help remove dead skin cells and dry out blemishes - I do this every 2-3 days, and tone with a Vit C toner in between Then a layer of CeraVe Blemish Control Gel Moisturiser (Salicylic Acid & Niacinamide) Then a layer of indulgent moisturiser (EVENING) or an SPF (MORNING)
SSH-B 🌹
Skin Scholar
28/04/24-20:38
Too many years of sunbathing has left my face with dark patches and dark spots called melasma.
My go to for melisma is Niacinimide.
Kathryn
Fresh Face
28/04/24-17:06
I'm new to having a skin routine, so I'm actually looking for one; I have dry skin but also prone to grease spots and blackheads.
Zakia Hussain
28/04/24-14:58
I have suffered acne for quite a while now and whenever I get a new breakouts I follow a simple routine to help heal my skin whilst also retaining my natural skin barrier. I have dry skin so using actives everyday isn't good for my skin barrier. I like to use the blemish control cleanser by CeraVe in the mornings as it contains salicylic acid which goes deep into your pores and cleans out any bacteria. I follow this with CeraVe's hyaluronic acid serum which is perfect for my skin type as I have dry skin and then finish off with their spf 50 moisturising suncream. At night I first use CeraVe's foaming oil cleanser to remove my makeup. I find this cleanser also removes any dirt that could have built up on my skin during the day which also helps me to combat blackheads in my nose. I follow this cleanser with CeraVe's hydrating cleanser and then use CeraVe's blemish control get followed by CeraVe's healing ointment as my skin is really prone to dryness and peeling through the night. I find the healing ointment to be very moisturising and haven't had any problems with dry skin since using this product!
Kimberley228208
Fresh Face
27/04/24-21:50
Scrap those pore strips 🫢