/ Skincare Chats

Skincare Chats

The hub for all things skincare! From routine recommendations to tips on how best to apply a product, this is the perfect place to share and find advice on CeraVe and skincare as a whole.
Write something
All HydrationBlemishes and blackheadsSkin ConditionsIngredientsQuestionTips & tricksSelfie of the dayUnboxingSpotted in storeYour skincare bag
Most recent
Filter
SSH-B 🌹
Skin Scholar
27/04/24-18:27
I believe that cleansers have specific ingredients to benefit our skin. Removing daily grime & makeup with Micellar Water before cleansing, allows the cleanser to work more efficiently. For instance, Blemish Control Cleanser has niacinimide and salicylic acid to unclog pores. These ingredients will not work as well if mixed with all the stuff we remove with a first cleanse with micellar water.
Why double cleanse?
Ruk.444
Fresh Face
27/04/24-13:54
For me I use a combination of both the blemish cleanser and the acne cleanser to help my skin and try not to pick at my spots whilst they heal and also use retinol followed by spf to help me with my discolouration from the acne scars and blemishes
Crystal
27/04/24-13:25 (edited)
I try not to pick my acne and it’s best to try and follow a healthy diet whilst following a good skincare routine
Suggested mission See all
Blemish Busters : Share Your Secret ⌛
30 Cerave exppoints
Jhaydee
Fresh Face
27/04/24-12:24
My top tip for managing breakout would be to always change your pillowcase twice a week as this is something that gets in contact with your face daily, also wash off makeup daily with cerave foaming cleanser before going to bed and avoid touching the dark spots on one face or trying to peel it as this can result in more breakouts.
Managing breakouts
tahsin
26/04/24-16:38
I know how tempting it is to want to pop all those blackheads off or how insecure our blemishes can make us feel but it's natural to have such things. Regardless of the mean and spiteful comments, you are beautiful whether or not you have these things and a little reminder that no one's skin is perfect; everyone has some struggles but it is all part of being human. Some ways to deal with blackheads and blemishes is to avoid popping them, limit sun exposure, exfoliate 2-3 times weekly (NOT daily). moisturize every so often to keep skin smooth and hydrated, avoid touching your face as bacteria and other dirt may lead to clogged pores but most importantly, take care of yourself and make self care a priority because that comes before anything and is the key to gaining that natural glow on your skin :))
Ronnie
26/04/24-16:30
Oil cleansing as the first step of a double cleanse to dissolve the sunscreen and make up. Massage the oil into your pores and blackheads, then emulsify the oil with some water to turn the oil cleanser into a milky wash. Then follow up with another cleanser for the second cleanse. Use niacinamide to control oil production on your skin
Reneay
26/04/24-15:50
I recommend having a face steam once every two weeks,  This steam bath will relax the skin, and the heat will break up build-ups, sebum and impurities trapped beneath the skin and in the pores, making it easier to remove them. Therefore, it is recommended to exfoliate the skin after a facial steam. Use face wash daily & moisturise daily  
Megan
Fresh Face
26/04/24-15:34
My tip for managing breakouts would be to always remove makeup and cleanse your skin before going to bed